Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Project 2: Instructions

For our second project, I will be writing instructions for spinal immobilization.  I'm an EMT and when I was taking classes for my certification, we learned these techniques by watching the instructors once and then going off to practice on our own.  I think it would have been helpful to have a document with all the steps listed on it to refer to during those first couple tries on our own.  It can be an awkward process until you get used to it, and we were constantly glancing over to other groups or asking our partner, who's being strapped to the board, questions.  Having to wear a cervical collar and get strapped to a board is uncomfortable.  You don't really want to be answering questions, and you can't move around to show you're partner what to do next, so having a step-by-step guide as a reference would be helpful.  We had one given to us for medical and trauma assessments, and we were able to learn how to perform those much faster, where as some of my classmates struggled with boarding right up until the state exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment